COCO - Cooking Rules
- Registrations close May 15th. No late registrations permitted.
- Entry is open to individuals or teams (limit 4 people).
- Medals will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in each category and
- Trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd overall winners.
- To be eligible for the overall winner, you must enter both categories.
- Special diet recipes accepted. (Vegetarian, Vegan etc)
- Before preparation begins you must return your completed entry/ingredient cards to Maggie or Rollanda. (This is for potential allergies or food restrictions for the judges).
- Lunch - roast, casserole, curry etc.- prepare & cook 10.30 - 1.20pm
- Afternoon Tea - scone, bread, damper etc.- prepare & cook 1.30pm - 3.20pm
- No food can be pre-cooked *
- Food cannot leave the preparation area; you can take it to the judging area if ready early.
- Entrants are allowed only 1 camp oven in the fire for each section.
- Additional pots, pans etc are not allowed. All food to be cooked within the camp oven.
- Preparation and cooking to be completed within the time window for the section being entered. See categories above.
- Food for judging should be put into judging dishes (supplied) to free your camp oven for the next category.
* e.g you can purchase frozen pastry and use that if it is declared on the entry/ingredient cards, you cannot pre-make pastry and bring that to use.
- All heat must come from coals provided from the main fire pit.
- The fires will be supervised by the club on fire duty.
- All fires must be kept within the area provided.
- No alcohol is to be consumed in the cooking area.
- No animals in the cooking area.
- No children (under 15) unsupervised in the cooking area.
- No glass in the cooking area.
- No more than 2 people per team in the cooking area at any one time.
- Lunch at 1.30pm · Afternoon Tea at 3.30pm
- Judges' decision is final.